You’ve got the vocab down pat…midi heels, mules, moccasins and you know that Dune, London has nothing to do with anything desert-related and that a wedge doesn’t refer to your average golf game. You can totally spell Manolo Blahnik and smell a pair of Louboutins a mile away.
And if, like me, you speak Shoe, then it might just be a case of closet addiction, ladies! Here are some sure signs that you’ve got it down:
- Your boyfriend / husband / partner thinks that the shoes in your closet are the only pairs you own. Really..? Does he honestly still imagine that the shoe boxes in all the other closets in the house are filled with art supplies / surplus / random stuff?
- You have shopping carts filled with shoes on various online sites, ready and waiting for pay day in exactly 5 days, 2 minutes and 29 seconds.
- You cried for days after your dog chewed up your favourite pair of Choos. Oh wait. You are still in mourning two years down the line. RIP Jimmy.
- You have been known to buy two pairs of the exact same shoe - when you find the perfect pair there is just no risking it getting ruined (especially after the episode with your dog).
- You remind your friends and family that there are worse things being addicted to when they question your “shoe hoarding”. No one likes having a crack addict as a sister. But having a shoe-addict-sister might mean that you bestow on them your (still sentimental) hand-me-downs.
The bottom line is that life is too short to wear boring shoes.
My heart and sole (er, pardon the pun) will always be red and there is just no feeling as thrilling as wearing a show-stopping, bar-setting, sky scraping pair of heels!